ENTERTAINMENT AND SHOPPING CENTRE IN AKADEMIA CITY
Project Location and Coverage Area
The scheme is located in the south-western part of the City of Yekaterinburg, in the center of
the Akademia City District. Thanks to district’s planned arterial roads, the land plot is highly
accessible by transport within the district as well as from major residential areas of Yekaterinburg.
22.5 ha-large lot assigned to the project allows to implement a concept of the superregional
shopping center (SC). The SC is mainly aimed at residents of the Akademia City district.
It will envisage not only a combination of various retail areas principally new to the market
but also an important entertainment component aimed at target groups of various ages. The
estimated catchment area of the SC is 931 thousand people, 325 thousand people being the
population of Akademia City by 2025. Growing incomes coupled with the shortage of quality
retail space make Yekaterinburg one of the most attractive markets in the Urals region.
Concept & Advantages
• The Entertainment and Shopping Center offers high quality environment,
a wide range of international retail brands and a good choice of entertainment
facilities, all of which is essential for attracting large number of customers
• No commensurable entertainment and retail schemes in the Urals region.
• High level of estimated consumer demand.
• High commercial appeal for potential tenants: major international and federal
• Good public transport connection: speed tram, two regular tram-lines, circular
trolleybus route that links with municipal public transportation network, bus
routes and shuttle buses.
• The front facade of the ESC will overlook the river and the central park of 66 ha.
• Wide transparent glass galleries will run through the ESC to a central junction
in the atrium .
• Thanks to large glass roofs the interior is sunlit. The abundance of sunlight
will allow installing the interior gardens.
Key Parameters of the Project
• GBA — 155,985 sq. m.
• GLA — 111,125 sq. m.
• Parking — 7,000 car parking spaces
Project completion: 2014