18.01.2006 Contest for elaboration of the town-planning concept and layout of a new residential region in Ekaterinburg
Of a contest for elaboration of the town-planning concept and layout of a new residential region in Ekaterinburg.
Administration of the city of Ekaterinburg and “Renova Stroy Group” ltd announce contest for elaboration of the town-planning concept and layout (project) of a new residential region in Ekaterinburg. The region is to be situated in the south-west of the city, bounded by Institutskaya, Amundsena and Barklaya (the one being designed) streets and a forestland, separating the area from the Ekaterinburg ring road, and will cater for some 220-250 thousand inhabitants. It will include all kinds of infrastructure – leisure facilities, shopping areas, medical and educational institutions and service offices. The region, agreeable to all international standards of quality and ecology, will offer new attractive living conditions and fully match the economical and cultural image of the region.
To match the interests of city inhabitants, investors and potential buyers, several town - planning concepts should be elaborated. These should combine the following:
- city architecture and aesthetics;
- functioning and adjunction of road links;
- distribution of pedestrian currents;
- private and public areas;
- green areas;
- technical and economical solutions;
- stages of project implementation.
Town-planning concept of the region must take into account several key points:
- creation of a new living environment, of a new quality of life;
- environment: landscape design should complement the town-planning concept and be an integral part of the new quality of life;
- region identification: this issue should be elaborated in accordance with the global concept of image, combining international scale with local context. The region is supposed to be a real city with blocks of streets and a centre, designed according to the density and scale of building development of a big city. The area should also be adjusted to the Russian way of living and climate of the region.
- Logistics: the region should be accessible rather than being far from the city centre. Its design should be based on the history of building in Russia and on the most up-to-date techniques.
- Integrity: deferent parts of the region (residential, leisure, business and service areas) should be taken into account. Living conditions in the region with its streets, buildings, work and leisure facilities, green areas, public areas and environment; its safety and level of insulation will be subject to special attention.
- Technical and economical solutions: technical design must be an integral part of the town-planning concept, as it will help to optimize it and make it more realistic. Economical model is also an important part of the concept, determining its reality and utility.
Taking into consideration all the above said, the organizers invite companies interested in participation to take part in the contest for elaboration of the town-planning concept and layout of this region.
Contest subject: right to conclude a contract for elaboration of the town-planning concept, layout of the region and its presentation file.
The following materials must be elaborated:
1) master plan of “Akademia city” region in scale 1:5000;
2) extracts from the master plan containing architectural dominants (territories of centres, green areas, cultural and exhibition centres, etc) which would emphasize the main idea of the concept, scale 1:2000
3) region layout in scale 1:2000 (one concept chosen by the jury);
4) demonstrational materials (models, etc) implemented in a free manner;
5) explanatory note;
6) Economical Model of the project must contain graphs of construction and estimated costs of housing and commercial construction, laying of main lines and roads (with reasoning for presence of building powers in the region), as well as graphs of the planned input and market sales of developments (with reasoning for demand in the region);
7) project presentation file for potential international investors (credit institutions, investment funds, banks etc);
8) description of market advantages of the project which can guarantee high liquidity at each stage;
9) description of risks which can reduce the project liquidity.
Conditions of work implementation:
- each work must be presented in 3 variants (minimum), each representing a different trend of urbanism;
- each work must contain the economic model of the concept;
- density of population in the region must be not less than 220 people per hectare;
- ideas used in the building concept must comply with the Construction regulations;
- design documentation must be presented in writing (3 copies) and on an electronic medium.
Open by entry list.
The contest is held among the applicants having submitted all the required documents and presentation materials. The applicant having submitted the most appropriate, in the jury opinion, conditions, will be acclaimed the winner. The sum of the contract for implementation of the town-planning concept, layout and presentation file must not exceed 2.100.000 (two million one hundred thousand) US dollars, including all taxes (the amount payable in roubles is calculated at the rate announced by Central Bank for the date of payment).
1) application containing the price and time of work implementation and consent to the contest conditions. The application form should be signed by an authorized person (original);
2) applications from foreign artificial bodies must be submitted syndicated with Russian partners (documents confirming co-operation must be enclosed);
3) artificial body certificate of registration (notarially certified copy);
4) certificate of registration with tax administration (notarially certified copy);
5) statutory documents (notarially certified copies);
6) documents confirming authority of the person having signed the application form: letter of attorney or an extract from the authorization decision of the governing body (original or a notarially certified copy);
7) foreign artificial bodies need to submit documents confirming their status and authority of the managing bodies (all documents must have appostille);
8) accounting balance of the company (form #2) containing statement of profit and loss for the year 2004 and for the last report date (checked by tax administration);
9) extract from the United Register of Artificial Bodies, issued not earlier than 7 days before the application date;
10) evidence of bankruptcy procedure application absence, issued by a relevant body;
11) notarially certified copy of valid license.
All applications must be in writing and should contain the price and time of work implementation as well as consent to the contest conditions, all the requisite documents being enclosed. A checklist must also be enclosed for the organizers to make a note of acceptance. For applications received by post the organizers will make a note of acceptance on the checklist and send the latter to the applicant.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
1) an artificial body;
2) annual turnover in the main area of business – minimum 20 million US dollars;
3) experience of implementation of a town-planning concept of integrated construction of a development with a minimum of 50 thousand inhabitants;
4) availability of a department specializing in urban design;
5) minimum 5 years of experience in the relevant area;
6) foreign artificial bodies can only be admitted for participation in partnership with Russian companies;
7) all paperwork submitted must comply with existing legislation and contest requirements.
All applications will be considered at the address below:
“Renova Stroy Group” ltd, 8/6 Sredniy Ovchinnikovskiy pereulok, Moscow 115184 Russia, tel/fax: 495 755 80 80;
Ural branch of “Renova Stroy Group” ltd, office 502, 5-L Lenin street, Ekaterinburg 620014 Russia
Tel: 343 215 90 23, fax: 343 215 90 24
Monday to Friday, 9:00 – 18:00 (local time)
Ural branch of “Renova Stroy Group” ltd, office 403, 5-L Lenin street, Ekaterinburg 620014 Russia
Tel: 343 215 90 23, 215 91 25, fax: 343 215 90 24
16 January 2006, 10:00 (Moscow time)
Contact person: Natalia V. Rush
The jury decision will be announced on:
18 January 2006 at 14:00 (Moscow time)
On this date the Organizer considers all application received. The artificial bodies meeting the contest criteria will be admitted for participation and become contest participants. The winner will be voted by the jury. Contract for elaboration the town-planning concept and presentation file will be concluded not later than fifteen days after signing the contest results protocol.
*or an equivalent document of the resident country
3 applications received
The winner is “Valode & Pistre architects” (France)
Back to the list